- Dates: Coverage is current with some sources available for several months and other going back almost a year.
- Sources: Hundreds of Web accessible news sources and archives; many, including New York Times, ABC, CNN, Washington
Post, and many more. See under the categories for a list
- Sort: The sort algorithm is not immediately apparent from the search output. It may be relevance, although the results are in a rough reverse chronological order (with some exceptions).
- Frequency: According to their documentation, all sites are indexed "ever few hours."
- Case Recognition: None
- Stop Words: Yes, any terms with 2 letters or less and other common words.
- Truncation: Automatic word derivatives (plurals and simple changed tense) occur on any term searched. Use "phrase" search for exact match on a term and to turn off the automatic word derivative for that term. No other truncation capabilities are available.
- Boolean: Automatic AND processed for multiple terms. No other Boolean or + - system function is available.
- Phrase: Phrase searching can be designated by double quotes "" around a search phrase.